Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
There's a problem with this. Most of the Krycho Kouple's outward-facing persona is conducted online, and online, people are about as literal as my linguistically-budding toddler.
For example, I say: "The undertone on this batch of coffee is 'paper bag,'" and you take it to mean I actually experienced the taste of a paper bag when drinking it.
Except, I was being serious about that when I said it this morning. Bad example.
Okay, backing up here: We are the Krychos, this is our life, and you're along for the ride.
We are fans of:
- Nerdy stuff (Star Wars, British television, space, the Incomparable Podcast)
- A good cup of craft coffee drunk while discussing the finer points of ecclesiology
- sarcasm, except for when Jaimie gets offended by it
- running, or jog-walking if you're named Jaimie
- being nice to people, because we like people
That's really all there is to us.
But, if you're still interested in following along, we just bought a lot in Monument, Colorado, and are building a house on it, we have two darling little girls who say hilarious things, and (very) occasionally, we are funny ourselves. If any of that interests you, join us over a cup of good Ethiopian pour-over. Or water, if Ethiopian's not your thing. Let's get started.